Why We Choose Organic
Buying organic cotton and using toxic free dyes is a better choice for the environment and a softer and safer choice for your little one’s sensitive skin.
Today only 0.5%* of global cotton production is organic. We source only Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton fabric, which is widely recognized as the gold standard of sustainably produced textiles.* We choose to manufacture with organic cotton as it's carbon impact is among the lowest of any material.
Some of the benefits of organic cotton:
- Avoids the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers or any other harmful chemicals
- On average uses 91% less water (80% rain-fed, reducing pressure on local water sources) and 62% less energy than non-organic cotton*
- Sustains the health of soils, ecosystems, and people. It is biodegradable
- Uses only untreated seeds and prohibits the use of GMO seeds
We are committed to delivering products that are clean and safe for a baby’s delicate and absorbent skin. No toxic chemicals, heavy metals, no dyes.
Why Pima cotton?
Simply put: Pima Cotton is the world’s best. Pima cotton makes up about 2-3% of all cotton production in the world. It’s one of the highest-quality cotton options available. It’s special because of its long fibers, twice the length of ordinary cotton fibers.
This results in:
- A smoother and softer fabric
- Exceptional durability, wash after wash
- Reduced pilling and lint
- Lightweight, silky-soft feel
The fabric is also:
- Breathable and cozy
- Extremely absorbent and can wick away moisture, keeping babies dry and comfortable
- Hypo-allergenic and won’t irritate even the most sensitive skin types
- Naturally elastic
- Always harvested by hand, which is better for the cotton (softer and purer), but more important, for the environment